Pages

Film: 1 Year, 100 Movies - November

December is here which means I'm less than a month away from completing my 1 Year, 100 Movie goal and am proud to say I am 100% on track. In other news, I'm also approx. 1 week away from graduating school FOREVERuntil I get my master's. Oh, and Christmas [baking] is coming and New Year's and everything. Yay!...



11/1/10: Due Date
You can read my official review here.

Bottom line: Not The Hangover, but not too bad.

11/4/10: Morning Glory
I love Rachel McAdams, I love Harrison Ford, I love them together, I would have loved them better in a more well-written plot. This movie was okay, nothing epic. It was a cute story that definitely had it's moments.

Bottom line: Without Adams and Ford this movie would have been worthless.

11/10/10: 127 Hours
Ok, so you know a movie about watching some guy in the same place for however many days 127 hours comes out to is going to be a little slow, and it is. Getting Slumdog music guy was huge plus for this movie and Danny Boyle's stamp is all over this one which definitely makes it bearable but a lagging middle was inevitable. That being said, this was pretty good. Honestly though, to the people who supposedly fainted during this film, "weak!"

Bottom line: Cut it off!

11/13/10: Megamind
This movie was nothing like I thought it was going to be. Every once in a while central plot lines slip through my brain's digestion of trailers and marketing. I'm not exactly sure how but it's kind of nice going in blind. Megamind is a really cool twist on a classic story, something I think usually makes a pretty good movie.

Bottom line: One for the adults and the kids.

11/15/10: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
It's true. Hands down best Potter film to date. I'm not huge Potter fan, but I did spend last summer catching up with pop culture and my Potter crazed boyfriend reading the books and watching [some] of the movies. This one is great because we are finally out of stuffy old Hogwarts so the scenery and special effects have a whole new landscape to magicatize. Nicely acted and true to the literary version as usual.

Bottom line: I love Ron, Ron, Ron WEASLEY!

11/18/10: Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Hey! A second Chronicles of Narnia movie! No my friends, a 3rd. Where I was when the last one came out? No idea, but I was hear for this and I'm glad I was. Apparently the hot older bro was exiled the last time around which was entirely disappointing since I had no idea but I forgot approximately 3/4 way through this one. It's got all the Narnia spectacle you could want and is quite lovely.

Bottom line: It comes out today. You may want to see it.

11/20/10: The Next Three Days
OMG this movie was so epic it gave me a headache in a terrible way. My worst nightmare (literally re-occurring) is me trying to get somewhere within a certain time constraint and stupid shit preventing it. Welcome to this movie, I couldn't handle the suspense. It was one of those experiences where you're like damn if i knew then what I know now I would not have seen this but since I did I will gawk at its coolness.

Bottom line: This is srsly tmth.

11/29/10: Love and Other Drugs
Another sideswipe as far as major plot themes go (two in one month, odd). I failed to look into this movie beyond who was in it and the incredible OneRepublic song they used in the TV spot so I missed picking up on it's central theme prior to viewing. This was pretty good. A little artsy, a little tragic, and a little romantic. If you want to see Anne Hathaway's boobs here's your chance as well.

Bottom line: This is no Princess Diaries that's for sure.

NOVEMBER: 8
Total count for 2010: 97

0 comments:

Post a Comment