Pages

Food: Susan Shortbread Cookies

So, I had been eyeing a version of these cookies at Vons for approximately way too many months now and I finally had an excuse to spend the $6 for a Christmas celebration and they were as tasty as I expected. Like with most new found loves I tend to go bit overboard with cravings so I decided to attempt my own version for our office cookie exchange. These didn't come out exactly like the other version but they definitely have the not-too-sweet yet chocolately taste I can't get enough of.


Susan Shortbread Cookies

Ingredients
*1 1/2 c. packaged biscuit mix
*2 (3 4/8 or 3 3/4 oz.) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding mix
*1 egg
*1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
*¾ c. hot fudge
*½ c. Pillsbury (or other) chocolate fudge frosting

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine biscuit and pudding mixes. Add egg and butter; mix well. (I suggested putting hands to good use on this one)

Roll into 1 inch balls of dough, place on cookie sheet and lightly flatten each cookie.



Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes until the sides of cookies start to firm up (be careful not to burn these ones) Let cool.



Combine hot fudge and frosting in small bowl and dollop on top of each cookie. If desired, freeze for 30 minutes to set frosting.



Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment