Pages

Film: 1 Year, 100 Movies - December

2010 is officially over. I graduate college, landed a job in the exact field I wanted, AND officially accomplished by 100 movies goal. Best and worst lists will be coming VERY soon. I don't believe in Top lists posted before the year is actually over because you never know what gems are gonna be sent our way (i.e. 2010's Sherlock Holmes) not that this year gave us any, but hey it's the principal of the thing.


12/9/2010: Black Swan
This is an ODD story. Natalie Portman does do a brilliant job with the character and you can sense the authenticity in her acting the whole way through. There is no need to be familiar with Black Swan or even a fan of ballet in general. You do need to be in for a thriller and an intense ride from start to finish. I still can't decide whether I liked this movie, but I can say it jumps way out of any box ever created.

Bottom line: Prepare yourself.

12/10/10: The Tourist
With a leading team like Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp I went in expecting a lot more than this film has to offer. All in all I ended up enjoying the story but it took the entire 2 hours to convince me. Depp is charming as usual but the plot and acting lacked a depth that I expected to find with such A-list talent.

Bottom line: Leaves something to be desired.

12/13/10: Tron
You can read my official review here.

Bottom line: Optical spectacular, conceptual disaster.

12/14/10: All Good Things
Real life is depressing and so is this story. The acting is well done and the story is interesting but much like the 6 o'clock news the whole premise just leaves you sad about crappy people and a crappy system.

Bottom line: Some times true stories don't have a happy ending, I don't go to the movies for unhappy endings...

12/18/10: How Do You Know
How do you know when you've made a movie that sucks? When it drags on in a cyclical plot line for over 2 hours, that's how. Now that you know, everyone who made this film should be able to avoid another mistake in the future. This is a terribly disappointing run from three of my favorites.

Bottom line: Good thing this one got lost in the shuffle, I don't want anyone's careers going down the drain.

12/21/10: The King’s Speech
Like the critics have been saying, this is a great film. It's a highly inspirational story about a real historic event I wasn't even aware of. It also reminds us that family dysfunction isn't such a new phenomenon, everybody's messed up in their own way.

Bottom line: This is a great film, give it the shot it deserves.

12/31/10: Little Fockers
This one is pretty much as funny and classic as it's former counterparts. You can't avoid a diminishing comedic effect with a franchise like this but overall the standard stayed pretty high. You have to take these movies for what they are and this one does its job to fit in nicely with the rest.

Bottom line: Jinxie cat Jinxie cat I love you.

DECEMBER: 7
TOTAL COUNT FOR 2010: 104!!!

Mission accomplished :) ...Now to brainstorm next years challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment